Sunday 5 December 2010

The Royal Variety Performance


You may have read on our website that we had been invited to setup a gorgeous high-tea display at the 2009 Cosmopolitan Ultimate Woman Awards (which was brilliant!)well, the same company organising the backstage gifting lounge, Lily James, invited us back (we must have made an impression!) to setup the gifting room refreshment area at this years Royal Variety Performance With Ellen 9 months pregnant and sofa-bound, I set off at the crack of dawn with anticipation of the celebs I would meet in the day ahead.

It was a great day, meeting representatives from great companies such as Yankee Candle and O.P.I, and serving mince pies and teas to the celebs (a hard days work I can assure you).  But the highlight of my day has got to be when Robbie Williams was stood next to me (oh, and watching Take That rehearse)!!  I was completely star-struck, I was even too nervous to speak to him so had a chat with his lovely wife instead!  

Usually its the women who flock to our stunning china, but this time, it was the men who were drawn in, with Jamie Cullen enjoying a cup of tea the way it is meant to be drunk - in fine bone china!
Comedians John Bishop and Micky Flanagan also admired our china while tucking into festive mince pies.

As well as weddings, vintage china is becoming popular at a range of corporate events from launch parties to fashion shows and client pitches. Both these events have highlighted how vintage china can make what would normally be a standard tea station, an elegant conversation piece.






No comments: